LOVING: These pretty things I found at Target today! And all for amazing prices.
>> I couldn’t pass up these neon strappy sandles. They’re so comfy and I love the design + the bold pink neon. They’re so different and they’ll be perfect for going into summer!
>> I also grabbed these black sandals because every girl needs a black pair of plain ol’ sandals in her closet. And currently, I don’t own a pair 😛
>> Being organized and keeping things in order saves my sanity, so I bought this pack of cute spring themed office supplies (paper clips, giant clips, and thumb tacks) to make my paper piles prettier.
>> I’m on the go all the time and usually not home until way after dark. That being said, my iPhone barely makes it home before dying (sometimes it’s cool and hangs out at 1% for 30 minutes) but I can’t rely on that! So I invested in this cute little rose gold power bank for when my phone needs an extra boost during the day. And it was only $5 bucks! STEAL.
>> I found these melamine plates and bowls and just HAD to have them, they’re so my style. Plus they were only $2.50 each! Saving them for when I move out again!
>> This wooden crate is perfect for keeping my artsy stuff in; found it in the dollar section of Target.
READING: This month’s issue of Sunset magazine. I love Sunset mag! It’s one of the few magazines I subscribe to. My favorite sections from this month’s magazine were: The most overlooked parks in the US, Backcountry style (because I love rustic mountain camping things), and the section on strawberry recipes (strawberry semifreddo ice cream, yes pleeease!).
WATCHING: Doctor Who Season 2 with John! We love to binge watch our favorite TV shows, with the current one being Doctor Who. It’s a great way for us to spend quality time together, laugh together, and relax in the midst of both of our busy schedules.
EATING: Smore’s Brownies leftover’s from John’s last night. GOSH if you’ve never made these before, you’re M I S S I N G O U T!! John and I have made these together so many times now, and every time they come out SO good. We made them again last night, and I got to take some home for myself. Here’s the recipe:
-8×8 inch brownie pan for thick brownies
-one box of Hershey’s fudgy brownie mix
-1 bag of mini marshmallows
-2 bars of Hershey’s milk chocolate
-1 box of graham crackers (though you’ll only use one or two crackers, but it’s okay because the whole box is like, 1 dollar)
1. Make brownie mix according to directions on Box.
2. Once brownies are done, take them out of the oven and set on the counter (lol).
3. Turn the oven to BROIL at 500 degrees.
4. While the oven heats up, sprinkle the mini marshmallows all over the brownies until they’re covered (we used about half the bag).
5. Break apart the Hershey’s bars and set individual chocolates on top of marshmallows (you’ll only use about a bar and a half, which means leftover chocolates to eat 😉 )
6. Crumble up the graham crackers and sprinkle them over the chocolates evenly.
7. Make sure everything looks even and nothing is sticking up too much or else it will get charred when you put them back in the oven. Yikes.
8. Put the smore’s brownies back in the oven and leave in for 2-4 minutes, depending on how smore’s-like you want your brownies to be. MAKE SURE to watch your brownies, as the top can get easily burnt black if you keep them in for too long.
9. Take the brownies out of oven, turn OFF the oven (lol) and let them cool before slicing in. They’ll be really thick and gooey (yum!) but will be hard to cut smoothly until they’ve cooled down some. And that’s it! 😛
FEELING: Incredibly happy. I just had my birthday on Monday; John made it so wonderfully special. He took us to Disneyland and we had such a fun time being at the park from open til close. Then when we got back to his apartment, he gave me my “actual” birthday present, a foot spa! It may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but if you only knew how much I’m on my feet and how busy my schedule is, you’ll understand that this gift was completely and wonderfully appropriate and was so meaningful to me ❤
WANTING: More space to store my creative art making things. Unfortunately, I’m already using (almost) every inch of my room to it’s greatest storage potential. I think a better storage space will have to wait until I move out again. Which is okay. 🙂
LISTENING: To the outdoors. Right now, it’s almost 8pm and I can hear the wind, some dogs barking, a distant helicopter, and the occasional car drive by. Sometimes (actually a lot of times) I sit against my bed with my window open and let my mind wander, it’s very soothing. I DO miss hearing the rain against my window though. Something living in Washington gave me all the time ❤